Championship - Province of the Sliver Desert (Reno, NV)
Come join us for the 33rd annual Silver Desert Championship!
The Silver Desert Champion is that Lord or Lady who, by earning the most points in various competitions, best exemplifies the quintessential medieval person of good breeding. Anyone may enter any competition - the winner gets a small prize and 3 points. Second place gets 2 points and third place gets 1 point. In order to be eligible for becoming Champion, you must enter 6 of the 9 contests. The Champion is the person with the most points at the end of the day.
- Weird Weapons list
- Moorish Spain Trivia contest
- Moorish Spain cooking competition with documentation
- Missile weapon target competition
- Chess (timed)
- Stick Camel Races - The Return of The Dromedary!
- Bardic on the theme of pilgrims and/or pilgrimages(modern or period)
- Period summer beverage (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) with documentation
- Heraldry - whose device is that?!
Fear not the documentation! - A simple statement of where you got the idea/recipe is fine! If you made changes, tell us why!
Plan on a potluck dinner - bring your own meat and a dish to share. BBQ grills will be available!
Site information: Silver Knolls Park. West Silver Knolls Boulevard
Start time: 9:00 a.m. End time: 6:00 p.m.
Site Fee: none
Autocrat: Mark Murphy
Directions: Take you best route to Highway 395 in Reno. Head north to exit 78 (Red Rock Road). Travel about 3 miles and turn left on Silver Knolls (just where the speed limit changes back to 40 mph). Travel about 1/2 mile and turn left on the gravel road to the park. There will be signs.