Welcome to Spring Equestrium!
This year we are going to do a Saturday Clinic format with Sandy Smyth. This Clinic Sessions are described below:
1) Session 1 - Groundwork 8:30am to 10:30am. Is ideally suited for Green horses that can be held in hand or ridden ( at least a walk.) Also suited for trained horses and experieinced riders who'd like to learn more about groundwork and how to introduce things to their horse from the ground.
2) Session 2 - Beginner Horse or Rider 11am to 1pm. Confident beginner riders and green horses who are comfortable undersaddle and can work at the walk and (possibly trot). For those who would like to have an introduction to biomenchanics for themselves and their horses. Introduction to martial mounted equipment under the guidance of a knowledgeabe Instructor for those who are ready for this step
3) Session 3 Confident Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced Rider/Horse 2pm to 4pm. This session is ideally suited tor more confident Rider's who would like to work on their biomenchanics at the walk, trot oand/r canter. Learn more advanced knowledge of martial mounted equipment for themselves and their horses. Fine tune with mounted games equipment under the guidance of a knowledgeabe Instructor. Work on specific items that are slowing down your advancement.
4) Auditing (observing clinic) - For SCA folk that would like to come out and learn a little more about horses from the rail. There will not loaner horses for beginners specifically available, but if you are interested in getting some basic equestrian experience, feel free to ask the Autocrat (Juliana of Avon) and she can point you towards a mentor for the day. Typically there will be people around to help explain what is happining so you can understand.
The event will be rain or shine. The Double N Ranch has two covered arenas and stalls are available. No camping. Motels are availble locally (suggestions TBA). Gate fee is a donation. Each Clinic session is $30 per 2-hour session*.
Haul-in is $10 per horse.
Stalls are $20 per day/night.
* The Cynaguan Clinicians Travel Fund is supporting this event and covering the majority of the Clinician's expense.