Come join us for a day of classes followed by a great feast to celebrate the good folks who helped to found one of the oldest shires in the Kingdom.
Feast Cook: Viscount Michael of the Shire
Theme: Middle Eastern
Tickets are available at acceps (http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php), or through contacting the Seneschal. The menu and class schedule will be available on Facebook and the Cynaguan webpage.
Site Information: Veteran’s Hall, 130 Placerville Drive, Placerville CA
Note: This is a Dry Site.
Classes: 1pm to 5:30pm. (Drumming nnd Bellydancing class 4 to 5:30pm)
Feast: 5:30pm Ending with Dessert, Coffee, Bellydancing and drumming. Practice the skills that you’ve learned.
There will be a silent auction; items will be on display throughout the day.
Autocrat: Viscount Sciath inghean Airt
Seneschal: Michael of the Shire (Seneschal@mountainsgate.westkingdom.org) Directions: Make your best way to Hwy 50 heading East. Take exit 44B toward Placerville Drive. Merge onto Forni Road then a slight right onto Placerville Drive. Destination will be on the right before the Fairgrounds.
• breads • cheese
• Relishes/Dips (also can be served with the meat)
• Zayatin (pickled olives)
• Shaljamiyya – chicken turnip soup (chicken, olive oil, onion, black pepper, cumin, almonds, cheese, eggs, turnips, milk, mustard, lavender)
• Qaliyya – Fried lamb (lamb, salt, coriander, cumin, black pepper, onions, almonds, vinegar) • Janb Mubazzar – Smoked meat (beef, vinegar, salt, coriander, cumin, black pepper, cinnamon)
• Nihririyya - rice with lentils – (olive oil, cinnamon, onion, rice, lentils, milk, murri)
• Ujja – Omelette without eggs (chickpeas, onion, olive oil, coriander, black pepper, murri)
• Badhinjan Mahshi – (eggplant, vinegar, sugar, almonds, saffron, caraway seeds, cinnamon, onion, olive oil)
• Bawarid – (chard, leeks, yogurt, mustard seed, olive oil)
• Rizz Hulu - a sweet rice pudding (rice, honey, water), garnished with pistachios
• Nuhud Al-'Adhra (Breasts of the Virgin) - a shortbread cookie of wheat flour, clarified cow's butter, and sugar
• Date Tasting Bar - representing a variety of dates used extensively in Medieval Middle-Eastern cuisine
Make your best way to Hwy 50 heading East.
Take Exit 44B toward Placerville Drive.
Merge onto Forni Road, then make a slight right onto Placerville Drive.
Destination will be on the right before the Fairgrounds.