Come and enjoy a day of feasting and song, storytelling and fellowship! This is the day for choosing a new Bard of the Mists, and all are welcome at the table.
As per tradition, the bardic competition shall be composed of five parts with feasting between each round. The categories are:
1) A period piece (documentation should be brief but convincing)
2) An original piece in a period style (documentation should be brief but convincing)
3) Masterwork – a piece to highlight what you do best
4) Bard’s Challenge: **The theme this year is a piece on Heroism.**
5) The famed Three Words Out of a Hat / Fifteen Minutes challenge
Depending on time and the number of competitors, auditors (those wishing to try their bardic skill without formally competing for the position of Bard) may be welcome. The populous is particularly encouraged to try their hands—or pens—at the 3 Words/ 15 Minutes challenge!
If you plan to compete, wish to audit or if you have any questions about the competition, please contact Aasa Thorvaldsdottir
, the current Bard of the Mists.
A marvelous feast will be crafted by Ghislaine d’Auxerre
. If you have any concerns regarding allergies, please contact her. Reservations for the feast are to be sent to the
Make Site and Fest checks payable to: “SCA-Principality of the Mists” To reserve tickets, contact the autocrat.