How to submit Calendar requests:
Your event date MUST be approved by the Kingdom Calendar Deputy BEFORE you submit event copy! Please submit all date requests to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. If your event date is not on the Kingdom Calendar, your event cannot be published in The Page! Calendar deadline is the 15th of the month TWO months prior to your event. Please see the calendar policy.
How To Submit Event Copy: Send UNFORMATTED (no bolding, no tabs, no fancy fonts, no artwork) event copy to email@example.com as the text of an email or as a text file attachment. Event copy will be published for the month of the event and the month prior. Space will be allotted as follows: Kingdom events, one page; Principality events, 2/3 page; Local branch events, 1/3 page. Additional months/space may be purchased at advertising rates, but are only given as space allows. Request event dates with the Kingdom Calendar Deputy before submitting copy. If your event is not approved to be on the Kingdom calendar your event copy will not be published, and the event will not be an official event. Deadline is 5 PM the FIRST DAY of the month BEFORE the cover date (i.e. February 1 for the March issue) Due to production requirements, exceptions cannot be made.
What to include in your Event Copy: Corporate and Kingdom policies require event copy to include the following information:
- Date (day, month, year)
- Time the event opens and closes
- Site Fees (PLEASE NOTE, THE NOMENCLATURE FOR THIS HAS CHANGED TO): Adult Event Registration: $(price of adult with no membership), Adult Member Discount Event Registration: $(price of adult with membership), Children (specify ages): $, Family Cap: $"
- Name of the sponsoring branch
- Location (i.e. name, address, town, directions) of site
- Autocrat (only one) LEGAL and SCA names, address, and phone (email is recommended)
- Approval by Seneschal (copy will only be accepted from the Seneschal).
Event copy that does not contain all of the above will not be published in The Page.
Please Note: If you would like your event copy to be put on the Kingdom Website, you must notify the Kingdom Webminister at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can either copy the Webminister on what you send to the Chronicler with additional permission for putting it up on the site, or if you have a webpage up for it already, you can send the Webminister a link to it. A plus to publishing on the website in addition to your event copy, is that there is NO size limit to web-copy! Make it as long as you like. Post your entire feast menu or schedule of events!