New Kingdom Crowns
Unto the Populace of the Kingdom of the West. Please feel free to send the message to any and all in the society. The West is seeking bids from artists for a third set of crowns. This is based on the need to semi-retire the silver Crowns so that they are only used for Coronations. They shall live alongside the Ancient and Honorables and only brought out when they are truly needed. This is to preserve our history so that they may still be used in the decades to come in this great Kingdom.
To this end the West has placed an open invitation for artists to send in bids to create the next set of Crowns for the West. Bids (or updated bids) for new crowns will remain open until November 17, 2017 at 5 PM PST.
This new set should be designed to stand up to the rigorous travel schedule of the West Kingdom Royalty, who take multiple trips to other Kingdoms annually. Pennsic, Gulf Wars, Estrella, West/An-Tir, Great Western War... along with trips to Oertha and the Far West as well as weekly use in Kingdom - puts a rigorous strain not only on the Royals, but the regalia as well. Air Travel should be factored into the next design.
Artisans of the Known World; pay this in mind as you create your designs and bids to create the newest set of Crowns for the first Kingdom.
- Maximum height is to be 4 inches tall.
- If you are submitting a solid crown design, we prefer that the bottom side edges should be curved for comfort, vs straight flat edge. On hinged designs, this is not necessary.
- Use of Kingdom Heraldry on West Crowns is rare, but if you choose to do so, please realize that the King and Queen have separate heraldry, and use it sparingly.
- Do NOT put the Populace device on the Kingdom Crowns.
- Please include examples of your previous work.
- We would like the projected completion time to be Beltane, May 4th 2018.
- Bids will be accepted until November 17, 2017 at 5pm PST. All bids should be sent to the Following e-mail address: Bids@westkingdom.org
- All of the comments will be collected for the Regalia Committee Meeting to be held after December 8th, 2017 when the next round of commentary ends. The final decisions will be made by the Regalia Committee along with the incoming heirs.
- The Conceptual Designs will be made available to the populace for comment. From November 20th to December 8th. A request for constructive criticism will be made.
Please send your bids to the following e-mail address: Bids@westkingdom.org Note: If you do not receive a confirmation email please send an email with no attachments so that we can address getting all of your bid.