Come camp with us in the lovely summer hills above Reno!
The Silver Desert invites one and all to attend our unique Championship! You do not have to live here to enter! You do not have to be a heavy fighter to enter! Silver Desert tradition holds that the Champion should be a Lord or Lady who is skilled in many areas.
We hold 10 competitions. Each one has a sponsor and the winner of each competition will receive a small prize. In order to be eligible to be Champion, you must enter 7 of the 10 competitions and earn the most total points. (winner gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2 points, 3rd gets 1 point).
Games will be on Saturday. Fighting will be Sunday am. Our new Champion will be announced after the fighting ends.
The competitions are:
1) Heavy weird weapons list — sword and board are not permitted, other combinations are drawn each round out of a hat
2) Rapier melee — we will figure some odd combinations — three rounds
3) Cooking competition — it will be easy for non cooks!
4) Speed chess — 10 minute games, round robin style
5) Target archery — something very silly!
6) Heraldry quiz — even non-heralds can do this!
7) SCA and historical trivia quiz — brush up on your Monty Python and Errol Flynn!!
8) Bardic — a song or poem in honor of those who serve
9) A quest — subject to be determined
10) A relic hunt — items in a straw pile — find as many as you can in the time limit then tell us what they are – the more creative the better!
Event Steward: Siobhan ni Seaghdha, OP (Dianne Karp) — Phone: 775-636-6525 — E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
From Reno: Take your best route to Hwy 395 north out of Reno. Take the Red Rock Rd exit (#78) and travel approximately 11 miles — follow signs for Animal Ark. Turn right on Deerlodge and travel 1 mile.
From north of Reno: Take 395 south to Red Rock Rd. Travel about 14 miles to Deerlodge, turn left and go about one mile.
The site is on your left, opposite Animal Ark. There will be signs.