Come feast and revel as we select the next Bard of the Mists! This year’s categories will focus on highlighting our bards’ multiple talents and ability to entertain the populace.
1. A period piece (Please provide short documentation)
2. A period-style piece — your own original composition in a documentable period style (Please provide short documentation)
3. Bard’s Choice — “Uncomfortable Truths” (This is intentionally vague. Choose something that you think shows the theme)
4. Showcase/ Masterwork (What do you think showcases your talents the most)
5. Three Words From a Hat (Draw three random words, then write something using them in a limited time)
To compete for the office of Bard, contestants must perform in each of the five categories. As an added requirement, contestants must perform in at least two styles (i.e. poetry, song, instrumental, storytelling, etc). Contact the current Bard of the Mists, Niall at email@example.com, with further questions.
Auditors who don’t want to compete are welcome to perform in any of the categories without any other requirements. The more performances the better!
Feast and Competition begins at 1:00
To reserve tickets, contact the Head Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Steward: Leofwen Cryccthegn Deorcwuda, (Jennifer Nestojko):408-205-4278 email@example.com
Head Cook: Rose de la Mans
From I-80 East: Take the Potrero Ave exit. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for San Pablo Ave. Merge onto Potrero Ave., continue as below. From I-80 West: Take the Cutting Blvd exit on the left & turn left. Turn right onto San Pablo Ave. Turn left onto Potrero Ave., continue as below. Continue from all directions: Turn right onto Arlington Blvd. Turn left onto Thors Bay Rd. Take the 1st right onto James Place. Destination will be on the right.