Prepare for the Barony of Darkwood's annual White Shield Tourney and Feast! Join us at Bolado Park in Tres Pinos for a day of tournaments, games and feasting. The site will open at 9 am, and closes at 10 pm.
The schedule so far:
9 am – Site opens, list table opens, armor inspection starts
10:30 am – lists close
11:00 am – armor inspections closes
11:ish – Invocation and tourney
The Marshal-in-Charge will be conducting full equipment inspections at the tourney, including checking bargrill spacing, helm and joint padding, chinstraps, weld joints and rivets.
We will be holding the traditional White Shield Silent Auction during the day. Please contact Mistress Sabrina Goldbender (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have items to donate, or bring them to her at the event. She already has many items that will be available for bidding, including a spectacular assortment of fabrics.
There will be children’s activities planned throughout the day, capped by a foam weapons melee in the afternoon, and we will also be hosting the Mists’ Archery Championship. Check the event webpage (https://www.facebook.com/events/432213113596491/?ref_dashboard_filter=up...) for updates.
The feast will be prepared by Juan Santiago. Please contact him at email@example.com if you have food issues or questions.
Whiteshield Feast Menu
- Sharbat (drink syrups): Cherry (cherries, sugar, water), Lemon (lemons, sugar, water), Mango (mangos, sugar, water)
Please note: This event is dry. Not "discreetly dry". It is Dry. No alcohol.
- Pickled Turnips (turnips, celery leaves, cloves, beets, vinegar, salt)
- Bread (whole wheat and brown rice flour varieties will be available)
- Fresh cheeses: Garlic (garlic, milk, salt), Herb (assorted herbs, milk, salt), Lemon (lemon, milk, salt)
- Mac & cheese (pasta (brown rice pasta will be available), cheddar and parmesan cheeses, butter)
- Stuffed eggs (eggs, cilantro, onion juice, white pepper, murri)
- Pea soup (peas, vegetable stock, milk, ginger, egg yolk, salt)
- Pork and Applesauce (pork, apples, cinnamon, salt, pepper)
- Fish sticks (tilapia, cinnamon, caraway, cumin, coriander, egg, sesame oil)
- Grilled Cheese (bread, butter, cheddar cheese, mustard)
- Meatballs (beef, pork, eggs, parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, salt)
- Salad (salad greens, oil and vinegar)
- 'Nilla Wafers (flour, vanilla, sugar, butter)
- Golden Morsels (bread, rosewater, eggs, sugar, butter, saffron)
- Custard tarts (pie crust, milk/cream, egg yolks, sugar, raisins, dates, butter, cinnamon)
- Assorted fruit
Please note: This event is dry. Not “discreetly dry”. It is Dry. No alcohol.
Autocrat: Rose de LeMans
From south of Gilroy: Take the best route to US-101 N to CA-156 E toward San Juan Batista/ Hollister. Turn right onto Union Road. Turn right onto Airline Hwy/ CA-25. *Follow CA-25 through Tres Pinos and the fairgrounds will be on your right.
From the Bay Area: Take US-101 S. Take the CA-25 exit toward Hollister CA-25 merging right going into Hollister. Turn left onto Santa Ana Road. Turn right onto Fairview Road. Turn left onto Airline Hwy/ CA-25 and follow CA-25 through Tres Pinos and the fairgrounds will be on your right.
From I-5: Take CA-33 exit at Santa Nella towards Gilroy. Turn West onto CA-33. Merge onto CA-152 West toward Gilroy. Turn left onto CA-156/ Pacheco Pass Hwy. Turn left onto Fairview Road. Turn left onto Airline Hwy/ CA-25 and follow CA-25 through Tres Pinos and the fairgrounds will be on your right.