As the summer sun warms the beautiful lands of Cynagua, Their Highnesses, Walerich and Catriona, invite the populace to the Investiture of Their Heirs, Sir Jost von Lük and Isolte le Quite. Please come and bear witness to the Investiture of the Lady and Lord of the Swan.
There are many activities to be enjoyed.
In celebration of this day, Viscount Miach will be preparing a delicious Roman feast. The menu will be served in three parts as is the tradition of Roman feasts.
• Gustatio (Appetizers): Tisanum farricam (soup: barley, lentils, chick peas, peas, greens, cabbage), Salad (arugula, spinach, dates, goat cheese), Rapas sive napos (sweet and sour turnips)
• Menu Prima (main courses): Concila à la Apicius (peas, sausage, pork), Grilled Mushrooms with truffle oil (mushrooms, butter, truffle oil, pepper, garum), Roast of Pork, Carotae frictae (fried carrots), Porros matures fieri (boiled leek salad), Seasoned Mussels, Meat Sauce
• Menu Secunda (desserts): Globi (sweet cheese fritters), Patina de persicis (peach patina), Stuffed Dates
There is an Arts and Sciences competition and displays to be judged by the populace:
* Fine Arts: Hand Stitching - not seam treatments - (such as embroidery of all kinds, leather bound items, pouches, hats) Documentation or Conjecture Required.
* Practical Science: Brewing- Fruit Brews Documentation or Conjecture Required.
* Performing Arts - Short Ballads - Period or written in a period style - any light, simple song or poem - Documentation or Conjecture Required.
General Display items are welcome including works in progress - Populace vote - no Lumin points - Documentation or Conjecture Encouraged.
There will be a Copper Spoon competition themed: ROMAN FEAST. Make any dish within the time of the Roman Empire and within the SCA time frame. Documentation is required. Please contact Angus Tyresson with any questions.
Site Information: Manteca Senior Citizen Center, Manteca
Event Hours: Site opens at 9am and closes at 11pm. If you show up before 9am, be prepared to help set up. =D
Site Fees: $10 adult members, $15 non-members, kids 12 & under are free, family cap of $40.00. Please note the feast cost does not include your site fee. Feast tickets are $10 (5 & under are free) and will be available by ACCEPS and possibly at the door. ACCEPS is not yet up but I will be sure to spread the information once it has opened. We will also have off-board seating for dinner available. This is a discretely wet site.
Autocrat: Kathryn Onora