Almost ten years ago, a new barony was formed in the Kingdom of the West. This barony, steeped in a long and colorful history has grown in prowess, honor, and service over the short amount of time it has been around. Now is the time to celebrate our past and welcome our future with a full weekend of activities; pulling some of the favored fun from the times past and new activities we enjoy today.
Events include, but are not limited to:
- The Countess Constantina Junk Garb Wars: Teams get together with a bag of horrendous fabric and two rolls of duct tape and create a masterpiece within one hour. Cutting or tearing the fabric is not allowed. The finished clothing item must be modeled by one of the team members. Get your team together now!
- Tournament of the White Stag: What was once the popular summer event for the Canton of Inbhr na da Abhan is revitalized as a tournament in the Barony of Selviergard. The White Stag comes froth from the mists of time and we honor him with a grand Tournament! Tournament is a round robin style complete with random weapons…you can expect a long tournament.
- Torneo del Drago (Rapier): A “Dragon’s Horde” style tournament. Those who wish to enter should bring a small item of esteem (valued at $10 or less). The winner of the tournament gets first choice of prizes from amongst the horde and so on.
- Kubb Tournament: A recent newcomer to Selviergardian events; what has been termed the “Viking lawn bowling game” is popular as ever. Rules are easy to pickup but the game takes skill and patience to master.
- Beermaids of Valhalla Obstacle Course: You probably remember this game back in the early days of the Barony. A “beermaid” must run an obstacle course while waiting on the patrons of her fine establishment. The fastest time coupled with the most amount of “beer” left in the pitcher wins!
- Quest for the Dragon: For youth of all ages. Learn about the history of Selviergard by joining a quest! Strictly for fun and amusement. Children must be accompanied by at least one of their parents.
- Bardic Competition: Selviergard. Bring you tales, songs, or other bardic piece about the history of our Barony! Performances will be around the bardic fire on Saturday. The history can be of the distant or not so distant past; so bring your memories and help us learn about our group.
Food: There will be a potluck on Saturday night, with the dessert provided. There will be no other food items available so please plan accordingly.
Please note that in accordance with local laws; there are to be no firearms at this event. Additionally, this site is DISCRETELY wet and absolutely no alcohol is allowed outside of your own encampment.
Autokratos: Kurios Halfdan “Two Bears” Ozurrson
For further information, please go the website:
Make your way to Palmer along the Glenn Highway and head North. Turn right on E. Arctic Avenue (which eventually turns into the Old Glenn Highway). Drive and travel approximately two miles, the Campground is on the left directly after the Palmer Memorial Park.